WILDLIFE, USE IT OR LOSE IT?
European conference on CITES to be held by the “Biodiversity, Hunting, Countryside” Intergroup at the European Parliament in Brussels on January 26th 2016.
FACE is facilitating the organisation of a meeting on the EU’s strategic objectives for CITES CoP17 in cooperation with the President of the Hunting Intergroup, MEP Karl-Heinz Florenz and the Vice President of the Hunting Intergroup, MEP Renata Briano.
The primary objective of the meeting is to identify priorities and actions to tackle the world’s biggest wildlife challenges and opportunities in view of the drafting process of the EU’s strategic objectives for CITES CoP17, with a particular focus on sustainable use of wildlife as a tool for conservation, economic development and countering poaching, as well as the role of local communities and the international marketplace.
- Welcome by MEP Karl-Heinz FLORENZ
- Introduction by the meeting Chair MEP Renata BRIANO
- Case study from African range state
- Polar bear management in Canada
- Conservation-based trophy hunting
- Sustainable Use & Livelihoods of local communities
- Priorities of the European Commission
To register to the event:
Please send an email to Cecilia Luetgebrune: email@example.com
FOLLOW UP THE MEETING: